Millions of people have visited Fort Lauderdale. And with good reason! We’ve got 23 miles of clean, Blue Wave-certified beaches. They provide the ultimate beach experience. That’s not news to us, of course, we live here! When a hurricane is headed inland, though, the beaches empty as everyone prepares to weather the storm. Did you know window replacement falls under that category?
If an evacuation order is issued for your area, please heed it. However, whether or not you decided to stay put or head for safer ground, knowing your home is reinforced with added hurricane protection eases the mind a bit.
Hurricane resistance isn’t the only reason for installing replacement windows. Damage occurs in other ways. If you don’t keep up with caulking, for instance, water damage is bound to occur. By the way, the salt in the air only makes things worse.
Once moisture makes its way beneath the caulk, your trouble begins. Left unattended, it only grows worse over time. Wood rot can set in causing extensive damage.
We do windows
Michael Reece, Sr. founded Reece Builders / Windows, Inc. in 1972. He has since handed things over to his son. Randy Reece provides the same high-quality product and excellent customer service that his father did before him. Combined, they’ve spent nearly 50 years building quality impact resistant windows and doors.
Reece installers learn our process before going out on a job. We understand that when everyone starts on page one, it’s easy to expect a happy ending.
Moreover, Reece intentionally strives to draw its employees into the Reece family. When employees feel like family, they become vested in their jobs. That means they happily go over and above to excel at what they do. No matter the job title!
Their satisfaction and happiness cause them to effortlessly pass along the “one big happy” feeling to our customers. When our customers realize that our main focus is truly their complete satisfaction, they share the news with family and friends.
Word of mouth is the best advertising you can find as far as we’re concerned!
We have become a leader in the window and door replacement industry in Fort Lauderdale and the surrounding areas.
Put to the test
Reece manufacturers high-quality windows and doors for our customers. Our replacement windows strengthen the structural integrity of your home providing added hurricane protection for your home and family.
We manufacture our windows using two (or more) panes of tempered glass that are adhered on either side of a sheet of high-tech polymer. The polymer doesn’t affect your view, but, boy, does it improve the strength of your window!
Windows rated for hurricane resistance pass a serious of tests that include the large and small missile tests.
- The large missile test ejects a 9 lb 2×4 from a cannon. Aimed directly at the window unit, it hits end on. The glass can crack, but can’t fly apart.
- The small missile test propels 10 ball bearings (or gravel of like size) shot from the same cannon. They smash into the window after flying with enough speed to cover 80 feet per second.
However, not all window replacement projects are due to damaged windows.
A different view
If you’re planning a major remodeling project, window replacement can provide your home with a whole new look. Oh, the possibilities! We offer a variety of sizes and styles. You’re sure to find exactly what you’re looking for here.
In addition to beautifying your home, our windows offer a variety of other benefits.
- Energy efficiency – If you live in an older home, your windows probably aren’t very energy efficient. New windows provide homeowners with noticeable savings on energy costs. Moreover, your home stays cooler. That’s always a good thing around here.
- Break-in resistant – Thieves consider windows the easiest point of entry into a home. A would-be intruder isn’t likely to hang around when he hears a resounding thud instead of breaking glass!
- UV protection – Not only do replacement windows offer protection for your family, but they also provide protection for your stuff. No more faded anything!
- Noise reduction – Our high-tech polymer sheet contained between the panels of tempered glass provides an excellent source of noise reduction. Construction noise, the cicadas, or that barking dog that never seems to hush all fade into the background.
- Insurance premium reduction – Most insurance companies offer lower premiums for added protection against storms and home invasion as well. Contact your agent to see if you’re eligible.
I love a good DIY project. Can I install my new windows myself?
Tackling window replacement yourself isn’t a project we’d recommend. It’s dangerous, both ladders and glass are involved. Moreover, water-resistant barriers, measurements, and framing must be done correctly. If not, you risk water damage and your windows won’t perform well. Not to mention the fact, that you will null and void our lifetime warranty if the windows aren’t installed by our crew.
Do I have to be home during the installation process?
Yes, we require an adult to be present in the home while we install your windows. First, it’s good to have you there should a question arise. Second, we will be inside your home. For that reason, it’s a good idea to have you there.
Do I need to do anything before the installers get there?
Moving any furniture from in front of your windows will help a lot! It saves time by allowing our installers to get right to work. It’s also a good idea to remove any wall decor in the area. That alleviates the risk of something being knocked off the wall due to vibrations.
How long will the installation process take?
The answer to that question depends on the type and number of windows you are having installed. Contact us for a free estimate! We’ll help you determine the amount of time needed to complete the job.
Are you going to create a big mess in my home?
Nope. It’s our goal to leave everything just as we found it. We take all the old windows and any other debris with us when we leave. It winds up in the landfill where it belongs.