St. Petersburg’s humidity can be hard on a home’s exterior features, take a look around and see if it’s time for you to consider window replacement.
Our moist, subtropical climate is a prime ingredient for wood rot or mold growth. Both of these issues, left unchecked, will grow worse over time. It can also open the door to other problems like making your home less energy efficient.
If you notice warped or rotting wood, mold growth around your windows or between the panes of glass, or your windows aren’t opening correctly, it’s time to make some decisions.
Why Reece Windows & Doors?
We know our stuff.
Reece Builders / Windows Inc. has been in business for nearly 50 years. During that time, we have become one of the leading window and door companies in St. Petersburg and the surrounding areas. Our commitment to quality and service has earned us that privilege.
Michael Reece, Sr., Reece’s founder, has turned the business over to his son, Randy, who has grown up in the business. Consequently, his knowledge allows him to continue in his Dad’s footsteps.
They’ve put a new spin on the phrase family business over the years. The philosophy is simple. The better they treat employees, the better the employees treat the customer. When customers are provided with an exceptional product and get treated to exceptional service, they realize what a gem they’ve found. They don’t hesitate to share the wealth with friends and family.
The result? A win-win for everyone involved.
Quality is key
Our only goal is to provide complete customer satisfaction from your initial consultation through the installation process. We even follow-up about a week after completing the job to make sure it’s all good.
Our high-quality windows are manufactured by us, installed by us, and we guarantee them for a lifetime!
They are impact resistant. Reece Windows & Doors resist the force of a 2×4 hurled at the rate of 50 feet per second by a hurricane-force wind. It will not cause our window to shatter into a million pieces. It may not even crack! However, if it does, it will not come apart.
How do we do it?
We construct every window by bonding a sheet of high-tech polymer between two sheets of tempered glass. The polymer sheet reinforces the strength of the window dramatically!
In the event of a hurricane, your family and your home will certainly be safer. A window that will not come apart will block damage caused by wind, water, and debris entering your home. Not to mention saving you from an injury that could result from flying glass.
Both cosmetic and crash-proof
If it’s a new look your after, window replacement can do wonders in changing the entire look of your home. There is no doubt about that. However, there are other reasons for window replacement, and the beauty they bestow is always a benefit.
- Protection from hurricanes – The technology available today is very beneficial to those of us who live on the coast. Hurricane-force winds that hurl debris causing windows to break allows pressure to build inside the home resulting in an explosion of force. Literally.
- Break-in resistant – Glass that doesn’t fall apart, even if hit with enough force to shatter it? Yes, please. We manufacture our windows to withstand blunt force making it harder for an intruder to force his way through a window or door.
- Energy efficiency – Reinforced windows not only yield an extra dimension of safety, but they also create an energy-efficient window. The inside air remains in your home, and the muggy, a/c taxing air stays outside where it belongs. Our windows meet or exceed Energy Star guidelines.
- Noise reduction – Traffic, neighborhood kids, overly exuberant birds bursting into song before the sun rises, all of these sounds and more muffled to the point that you won’t even notice them as you go about your daily routine. Maybe you will choose to sleep in on a lazy day. It’s up to you.
- UV Protection – Our windows provide a natural barrier to the sun’s harsh UV rays. No more fading furniture, paintings, or carpet!
Can I install my new windows on my own?
Installing new windows is a job that needs precision. It’s essential that they are square and level. It’s equally important to have a water barrier adequately installed to keep moisture out of your home. Also, installing our windows yourself would void our lifetime warranty which includes installation by our team of experts.
How long does the installation process take?
That depends, of course, on the number of windows. Our staff can gauge the approximate amount of time that it takes to complete a job when we have gathered all the details. We’re usually pretty close to the time we estimated.
How much do new windows cost?
That will depend on a few things. Once you have determined the style and we figure the dimensions, we can tell you the cost of your windows replacement.
Will the area around my window be affected?
Depending on what the job entails, we may need to make a space larger or smaller. No worries though, we aren’t going to replace your windows and leave you hanging. The job will get completed without leaving any visible evidence that would lead you to think there is still work that needs doing.
Are windows installed from the inside or outside?
Our installers will need access to both the inside and outside of your home. There will need to be an adult present during the installation process. However, we arrive when scheduled and complete the job in a realistic time frame. You won’t be missing work waiting around on us to show up.
What do I need to do before you arrive on installation day?
Moving furniture to make a clear path to the work areas is a big help for our installers. It would help if you also took down any window treatments, security system window sensors, and art or decorations from the walls.
Will the window replacement process create a mess in my home?
No. Our installers are professionals. They leave things as they found them. They will collect and remove any debris from the old windows and dispose of it properly.